Tour Starts: 08:30 am
From: San Salvador City
Tour Duration: 10 hrs
Take advantage of this fascinating tour around the Salvadoran’s largest protected area and intact wetland: Bahia Jiquilisco. At more than 150,000 acres, this is Central America’s largest estuary with a wide diversity of birds, sea turtles, fish, and other animals. Discover this unparalleled mangrove ecosystem while supporting a community-basic conservation program with the goal to protect endangered sea turtle species and their critical habitats.
During the visit you will take a boat ride through one of the most important mangroves in El Salvador , get to know its accompanying flora and fauna, learn about local species and support a real, fair and responsible local tourism initiative. You will get inside the most important forest in El Salvador and also one of the most important in Central America; the Biosphere Reserve.
Along the way, there will be 5 stops, where you will learn about the region and about the local community that lives around the area. As you make your way through the mangrove, you will be able to identify 6 different mangrove species and you will also see native and migrating birds.
Private transportation with A/C, free pick up and drop off, bilingual tour , life jacket, local guide, local entrances, local guide payments, bottled water, all taxes.
- Taking this tour you are supporting the local projects for protection and preservation of natural reserve.
- Tour must be booked with at least 48 hrs in advance.
- Pick up and drop off are included.
- Lunch for adults is included (Support for communities)
- Minimum ages is 12 years old. Children under 12 years old must be accompanied by an responsible adult.
What to bring?
- Light clothes
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Bugs repelent
- Hat or Cap
- Extra water